I miss my squirrel "training partners" (and I did bribe them with peanuts) and my outdoor exercise space sometimes.
N.B.: Title is a reference to the first track on Terror Night Vol. 2 Sounds of the Dead Future, "Disorder (v20.16 Harsh Edition)" by Reactor7x.
- This is mostly the music I listened to this summer and the list is entirely dictated by my tastes. Get your Top 40 fix somewhere else, sheep. :-p
- However, I used science to create a playlist based on BPM (beats per minute), including a warmup, cooldown, and alternating fast and slower intervals. It'll motivate you during weightlifting, but it's better suited for HIIT (high intensity interval training).
- How did I calculate BPM? My tuner/metronome is still in storage, so I used this website.
- Could I make a workout playlist out of entirely Third Realm songs? Yes...don't judge me. I limited myself to two songs here. Such a playlist would be better for doing yoga or pilates, anyway. Actually, if I were going to make a yoga/pilates Goth/Industrial/darkwave/"not the alt-nation stuff your yoga teacher plays in class" playlist, it'd include Zola Jesus, Third Realm, and various operatic metal songs, but that's another topic for another post.
- I am not a DJ. There is no beat-matching; that's not the point of this playlist. (Beat-matching is also a "good" way to tire out people on the dance floor, and so I am very much against it.)
First song is Ludovico Technique's "Dead Inside," because--I don't know about you--but I'm usually pretty "dead inside" until I exercise. Unlike some corporate (white collar) wellness tactics, lunchtime exercise is a clinically-proven way to increase worker productivity.
YouTube here and below (I take ZERO responsibility for images in videos and ads)
I tested this playlist with a FitnessBlender challenge.
The gym at the condos where I live experienced some flooding on the lower floors (reasons unknown), so there will be no more uber-Goth workouts in the dark, scary aerobics room. I jump around in my unit instead. I'm looking into floor mats for Xmas!
The finder man said to take pics of the #snow, so I took a #postworkout video. Yay #workoutcomplete. Reason #667 I love @fitnessblender is I can listen to the #music I like beneath the cues. Today you can hear #LudovicoTechnique 's "Wasting" #veincollector mix from #wecametowreckeverything #industrial #goth #healthgoth #coldweather